Coordinating parking and transportation needs is a critical step in the initial event planning process. Parking & Transportation Services endeavors to serve as a resource to planners, assisting with viable parking and/or transportation solutions. Visit Special Event Parking Services to submit your event planning requests. Debraca Shelton, event parking coordinator, is also available to assist with event parking inquiries.
Parking & Transportation Services has multiple modes of transportation available for event rental:
- Stinger Buses – Click here for regular routes and schedules.
- Tech Trolleys – Click here for regular routes and schedules for the Tech Trolley and Midnight Rambler.
- Motor coaches – Contact Tim Hogan for special requests.
Although Stingerettes are not available for rental, visit Parking & Transportation Services to determine if they may meet your needs.
Parking & Transportation Services manages most lots on campus, other than E48 in the Wardlaw deck. Valid visitor locations include:
- Visitor Area 1 - E46/Burge/McAfee/North Avenue Visitor Lot
- Visitor Area 2 - Student Center Visitor Lot
- Visitor Area 3 - Lot across from CRC/Health Center
- Visitor Area 5 - W23 Deck Visitor Lot
A map of all visitor parking areas and parking decks can be found here.
Visitor Parking Vouchers
Whether there is one guest or 100 attending a meeting for only one hour or visiting for several days, vouchers can be personalized to fit your specific time requirements and preferred parking location (depending upon availability). Voucher requests for campus and Technology Square parking spaces can be made here.
When issuing vouchers to guests, please remember to communicate the following:
- Upon entering the visitor lot, guests will press a button that issues a white ticket.
- Guests should leave the white ticket from the machine in their vehicle. A fee of $20 will be issued for any lost tickets.
- During your visit with each guest, please provide him or her with the blue parking voucher issued from Parking & Transportation Services, as it will be needed to exit the lot.
- Upon leaving, guests will insert their white ticket into the machine. When the machine asks for payment, guests will insert their blue ticket.
- Validation vouchers are only valid for a single entry and exit.
- Validation vouchers are non-refundable.
Visitor Parking Citations
Generally, any person receiving a citation should follow the appeals process. Parking & Transportation Services recognizes that certain circumstances need special attention. In the event that you need to discuss an event-related citation only, contact Carlton Morgan or Debraca Shelton.
- Bollard Removal - In the event that bollards need to be removed to allow vehicle access to an event venue, contact the Georgia Tech Police Department (GTPD).
- Campus Maps – Communications & Marketing annually produces updated campus maps. To receive copies for you or your guests, please call 404.894.0870.
- Handicap Parking Spaces - To ensure your guests with special needs have adequate parking arrangements, contact Debraca Shelton to discuss specific requests.
- Special Event Signage - Parking & Transportation Services’ standard signage for parking during special events includes two yellow on white “Event Parking” sandwich boards for your signage needs. Contact Debraca Shelton to reserve for your event.