Faculty Research Awards
Deadline: February 1, 2013
Institute Contact: Gail Spatt, 404.385.8334 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for 2013 has passed; this page will be updated when the deadline for 2014 is announced.
Below are the guidelines for five Faculty Research Awards given by the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research. Please note that the nominations must be made through your Dean or Director's office; do not submit individual nominations directly to our office.
OUTSTANDING DOCTORALTHESIS ADVISOR (5 years)
Awarded in recognition of the achievements of a faculty member's doctoral students who completed all degree requirements from January 1, 2008, to December 31, 2012. Please do not include achievements outside of the specified time period.
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT in RESEARCH PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT (3 years)
Awarded to the faculty member who made the most outstanding contributions to research program development for those programs receiving sponsored funding from January 1, 2010, to December 31, 2012, taking into account the potential for enhancing Georgia Tech's long-term scholarly reputation. Please do not include sponsored funding outside of the specified time period.
OUTSTANDING FACULTY RESEARCH AUTHOR (5 years)
Awarded to the faculty member who most contributed to the publication of refereed articles describing the results of research conducted at Georgia Tech and published during the period January 1, 2008, to December 31, 2012. Please do not include publications outside of the specified time period.
OUTSTANDING FACULTY LEADERSHIP for the DEVELOPMENT of GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANTS (3 years)
Awarded to the faculty member who provided the greatest leadership in direct research advising and in using external resources to support Graduate Research Assistants during the period January 1, 2010, to December 31, 2012. Please do not include GRA support outside of the specified time period.
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT in RESEARCH INNOVATION
Awarded to the faculty member or research team recognized as working at the forefront of development or technology commercialization, whose research results have had a demonstrable external economic, social, or policy impact.
- All faculty with instructional and research titles are eligible to be nominated for the Faculty Research Awards.
- Only one nomination per faculty member per year.
- Faculty who have won an award are not eligible for another award in the same category for three years, but may be nominated in any other category at any time.
- Each faculty award is for $5,000; $1,000 is for the recipient's personal use and $4,000 for the support of his/her research.
- Awards are presented each spring and recognized at the Faculty/Staff Honors Luncheon.
- Nomination forms may not exceed two 8 1/2" x 11" pages. In the category of Research Author, the only exception is that a listing of publications may be appended. Do not include the publications themselves.
NOTE: There are no other rules, conditions, or application forms. Each applicant is free to use the form and content that he/she judges to be most effective. However, the names and titles of both the nominator and the nominee should appear at the top of the first page of the nomination.
Please click here for a list of prior Faculty Research Award winners.