Posted March 5, 2013 Atlanta, GA
Georgia Tech students are well known for earning recognition outside the classroom in numerous ways. Whether related to social, athletic or academic endeavors, Yellow Jackets are constantly adding awards to their literal and metaphorical trophy cases.
Here are a few honors bestowed upon members of the campus community during the recent winter months.
- Jose Bernardo, Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration Center of Excellence Outstanding Student of the Year
- T.J. Capaldi and Andrew Walls, 2013 Jon Williamson FuturesQuest Mentors
- Andrew Harris, Cooperative Education and Internship Association's Intern Student of the Year
- Katherine Metz, Honorable Mention for "Coffee Prices and Consumption in the United States and Finland" at 2013 Southeastern Undergraduate Sociology Symposium
- Eran Mordel, University System of Georgia's Regent Willis J. Potts Student Advisory Council Leadership Award
- Mallory Soldner, 2013 New Faces of Engineering Representative
- Two groups from the Georgia Tech Competitive Model United Nations team were recognized at the annual Midwest Model United Nations Conference. The Kazakhstan delegation received Outstanding Delegation for the General Assembly Plenary session; team president and head delegate of the Yemen delegation Rhushikesh Bhadkamkar and co-delegate Taylor Prichard jointly received Honorable Mention in the General Assembly Third Committee.