Posted February 3, 2012 Atlanta, GA
Georgia Tech Police
Leading up to the Institute’s annual Campus Safety Day on Friday, Feb. 10, the Georgia Tech Police Department will offer free hour-long crime prevention classes in the Student Center and Clough Commons all week, as well as a self-defense class on Saturday, Feb. 11.
Crime prevention classes are open to all students, faculty and staff, with no registration required. This includes two drop-by opportunities for those who may not be able to commit an hour but would like additional information on safety topics. Saturday’s self-defense class is limited to female students, and those interested should contact Officer Alex Gutierrez to sign up.
Crime Prevention Booth Setups:
- Monday, Feb. 6, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – First Floor, Student Center Commons
- Friday, Feb. 10, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Second floor entrance to Student Center
Crime Prevention Classes:
- Monday, Feb. 6, 7:30 p.m. – Room 102, Clough Commons
- Tuesday, Feb. 7, 7 p.m. – Room 127, Clough Commons
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, 7 p.m. – Room 127, Clough Commons
- Thursday, Feb. 9, 7 p.m. – Room 125, Clough Commons
Self Defense Class:
- Saturday, Feb. 11, 9 a.m. – Contact Alex Gutierrex to sign up.