April 23, 2013 - Based on a study of both hatchling sea turtles and "FlipperBot" -- a robot with flippers -- researchers have learned principles for how both robots and turtles move on granular surfaces such as sand.
April 22, 2013 - To study the effects of improvised explosive devices on soldiers and help provide continuing treatment, researchers have developed a sensor system that measures the physical environment of an explosion and collects data that can correlate what the soldier experienced with long-term outcomes.
April 11, 2013 - Physicists have examined how Bose-Einstein condensates (BEC) might be used to provide communication among the nodes of a distributed quantum computer. The researchers determined the amount of time needed for quantum information to propagate across their BEC.
March 21, 2013 - Using a combination of theory and experiment, researchers have developed a new approach for understanding and predicting how small legged robots – and potentially also animals – move on and interact with complex granular materials such as sand.
March 18, 2013 - ECE Assistant Professor Azad Naeemi has received a National Science Foundation CAREER Award for his research project entitled "Physical Models and Experimental Validation for High-Frequency Multilayer Graphene Interconnects."
- Institute and Campus News
- Research News
- Aerospace News
- Architecture News
- Biotechnology, Health, Bioengineering, and Genetics News
- Business News
- Cancer Research News
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering News
- City Planning, Transportation, and Urban Growth News
- Computer Science/Information Technology and Security News
- Digital Media and Entertainment News
- Energy News
- Engineering News
- Environment News
- Life Sciences and Biology News
- Military Technology News
- Music and Music Technology News
- Nanotechnology and Nanoscience News
- Physics and Physical Sciences News
- Policy, Social Science, and Liberal Arts News
- Robotics News
- Digital Lounge News